LogMeIn, which has been our method of Remote Support for many years, no longer works with older ROTOR’s and MSM’s which have Windows XP or the Embedded version. This creates a problem for us being able to provide remote support.
We have a solution!! - TeamViewer will work with any Operating System and can be used in a similar way assuming that the IT department at the customer end is happy for the equipment to be connected to their network.
Attached to this document is a file called TeamViewerQS.exe (also as a compressed version). Download this onto a USB data key. Plug the USB key into the Machine Control Interface (MCI) either laptop or touchscreen depending on your equipment.
Connect the MCI to the network using a standard network cable.
There are a number of methods for accessing the file on the data key:
- When you plug in the USB key it may offer a small menu asking if you want to open the folder to view the files
- Run Windows Explorer - best method from a laptop.
- Turn on the MCI
- Connect a USB keyboard to a free USB port on the MCI
- Wait for Windows to finish loading
- Press <ALT> + <CRTL> + <DEL> to open the “Windows Security” window
- Select “Task Manager”
- Wait for the task manager to load
- Select the “Applications” tab
- Select “New Task…” (This option can also be found in File->New Task (Run…))
- Wait for the “Create New Task” window to load
- In the “Open:” box type: "explorer"
- Click “OK”
Navigate to the USB Drive
Run the file you downloaded earlier "TeamViewerQS.exe".
After a short time you will receive a screen as shown below. Please send this information to the Singer Instruments Technician which will allow them to connect to your MCI.