The PIXL is supplied with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. These are set up and tested before leaving Singer Instruments. Once the dongle has been fitted to the PIXL USB port and both the mouse and keyboard are switched on they should both work straight away. If they do not work then before going further try the dongle in a different USB port. If this doesn't work then they will need to be paired again to the computer. This may also occur if the batteries are replaced.
The following instructions refer to the keyboard but the process is the same for the mouse.
- A USB keyboard (Windows compatible) - assuming the keyboard is not connecting
- A USB mouse (Windows compatible) - assuming the mouse is not connecting
- Run the PIXL software
- Press <Ctrl> + <E> on the USB keyboard to open the engineering menu.
- Select 'Control Panel'.
- Select 'System'
- In the search bar at the top left of the window enter "Bluetooth"
- Select 'Bluetooth and other devices setting'
- You may see the mouse as being paired and connected. You may also see the Keyboard listed there but when you select it may show as paired but not connected.
- On the keyboard put the keyboard in Pairing mode - Press and hold down the F1 key until the light starts flashing.
- On the mouse, there will be a small button on the bottom of the mouse which will need pressing and holding until the light flashes.
- Select the keyboard in the BlueTooth devices and then 'Connect'
- This should reconnect.
- If the above does not work then assuming the keyboard is showing in the Bluetooth device list select 'remove device'.
- From the top of the 'Bluetooth & other devices' screen select the '+' button
- Make sure the keyboard is in pairing mode - press F1 and hold until the light starts flashing.
- Select 'Bluetooth' from the pop-up window
- It should locate the keyboard.
- Once selected you may be shown a series of letters/numbers that you need to enter using the keyboard.
- The keyboard should now show as being connected
- Close the settings screen and return to the PIXL software screen.
- If there are any problems returning to the PIXL Software screen turn the PIXL off at the main switch. Wait for approximately 20 secs to allow the computer to shut down completely.
- Turn the PIXL back on and it will return to the main PIXL Software home screen
We hope that this explanation will assist you in performing the above procedure. If you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact the Technical Support Team at Singer Instruments.
Phone :+44 (0) 1984 640226